At least 50% of people who sustain a concussion have visual deficits as a consequence. Eye teaming, eye focusing, eye movement control, and visual processing can all be adversely affected by a concussion.
These are some of the many commonly seen visual deficits after a concussion:
- Light Sensitivity
- Feeling mentally foggy
- Feeling overwhelmed in a busy environment
- Feeling disconnected
- Disruption of normal sleep pattern
- Difficulty working on the computer
- Struggling to read
- Glasses may be prescribed to help the individual execute their visual skills better.
- Vision Therapy may be recommended to improve the individual’s visual skills.
- Functional supports. We will make suggestions that will help an individual function in their daily living activities.
If you or someone you know is struggling with the effects of a concussion, please give us a call at 518-886-1710 to schedule an evaluation.
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
3 Franklin Square, 1st Floor
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866