VISION & LEARNING
- Vision is our dominant sense.
- 80% of learning is done through the visual system.
- At least 50% of the brain is dedicated to visual functions.
Studies show that over 80% of children that struggle academically have visual skill deficits that go beyond the ability to see 20/20.
Ocular Fixation: The ability to keep the eyes on a stationary target.
Eye Movement Control: The ability to move the eyes accurately.
Eye Teaming: The ability to aim both eyes in the same place at the same time.
Depth Perception: The ability to perceive where objects are in space.
Focusing: The ability to sustain clarity and to shift clarity from distance to near and back again.
Visual Perceptual/Processing Skills: A set of skills used to understand the information that comes in from the eyes.
- Glasses may be prescribed to help the individual execute their visual skills better.
- Vision Therapy may be recommended to improve the individual’s visual skills.
- School supports. We will make suggestions that your child’s school can implement to support their visual function.
If your child is struggling in school, please give us a call at 518-886-1710 to schedule an evaluation.